SmBoatDrinks and Very Josie heads up
Perhaps the title is a spoiler. Hmmmmm There were 30something peeps that came to play the all important Dank game tonight. There were alot of familiar faces. I'm not a "glass is half empty" kind of gal but I couldn't help looking at the field and thinking they were all out to stop me from my goal and effect the Survive Donkey Island game. Of course my worst fear was realized when Poker Grump was seated to my left at my first table. Fawk! I mean really? Same spot 2 games in a row? My fears were for nothing though as he was actually a nonfactor in my night. ;)
I doubled up early when I called a min raise with Q-J and flopped broadway. Nice! I bet and got a call. Turn was a non card, once again bet and call. River was a 2. Just to be tricky I check and he makes a good sized bet. I have the nuts so I jam all in. Considering the fact that everyone knows what I have on the line, I think jamming so early in the game was a bad idea. Who'd call that? Yet this guy, (and i have no idea who he was) called me with A-2, 2 pair. :)
Soon enough Grump was gone and replaced by Skiddoo. He was thrilled to see me. :) He should've been as I doubled him up. :( I had A-Q so I called him preflop raise. Flop was A-10-x rainbow. He bets kinda big and I call. Same for the turn. Now I have the sinking feeling I don't have the best hand yet I stick with him to the river to see he had pocket 10s and flopped trips. Boooo
My nice big lead is gone but I buckled down and played premium hands only. I obv kept my eye on Muhctim and Boat's stack and was happy to see Muhctim was the shortie. But man he was the shortie for evah! The guy wouldn't play a hand. Finally he jammed with 9-9 got called by 2 overs that hit the flop and he was out. I dunno who did it, but he got an $11 bounty courtesy of smBoatDrinks.
It was down to me and Boat! Just how I'd hoped it would be. I was sure Boat would take me with him to the final two, and yet.....Hoy's post was stuck in my mind. What if Boat thought he was better off up against Muhctim? I trusted him, yet I really wanted to win last longest and secure my spot.
And I did!!!
I lasted longer than Boat, and ended up out 10th. Blah. Once I knew I was in the fnal two I tried to double up and it was gg Very Josie.
So I got to pick who I would go up against in Final Two. Hmmmm There was really no question in my mind. SmBoatDrinks was the only one who didn't backstab me. I had suspicions midway through the game but we'll get to that when this is all over. I did/do think that maybe I'd have a better chance up against Muhctim but that's okay; I'll take my chances.
Final Two!!!! Either ME or Boat will be Season 1 winner of Survivor Poker! Sunday night's game is another big one. Here's how I think it works. Whichever of us lasts longer gets 40% of the prize pool. The other 60% as well as the title of Survivor, goes to whoever gets the most votes from their teammates. 16 peeps vote for a winner.....preferrably a female winner. :)
Oh you'll notice that SmBoatDrinks has now been added to the blog roll to the right. ------>
I was waiting to do that just in case he threw me under the bus, but he hasn't. Boat and I have been steady as a rock for this entire series. I know I'm naive but I do think that if Boat won immunity tonight, it would still be the two of us heads up.
I cannot believe I made it this far. I avoided so many landmines, so many people out to get me. Did I get nicked a few times? Sure, but I will survive!
Oh there's one more thing. All of the 16 contestants that will be voting for the winner get to ask Boat and me a question, which apparently will help them decide how to vote. Questions can be submitted to Buddy who will be reading them on BDR. Stay tuned for when. Ugh.
GG Boaty thus far. Now the gloves are coming off. You've been basking in the Very Josie sunshine for this whole series but the forecast is showing clouds in Vermont for Sunday. :)