I'm back from Foxwoods! Big poker recap to follow, but for today, a few housekeeping items to take care of.
1. I had no idea Mr. Mojo Risin' was an anagram for Jim Morrison. I also didn't know Axl Rose was an anagram and I even named my cat, Axl, after him. I haven't figured out the anagram yet, but I will, and not by googling it.
2. I'm already kicking butt this week in football because I put only a 5 on the Giants, unlike just about everyone else. I rock!
3. Who do you think will go further in the post season this year? The Boston Red Sox, or The Detroit Tigers? No brainer, right? It's the sox. Fortunately, Mr. Mojo Risin' wants to bet on this. Heh. I know my boys won't let me down, especially with their new skipper, Valentine. BIG bet with Mojo Risin' that I shall win. Maybe he's thinking bout how the sox choked at the end of the season and he's forgotten bout how well they did prior to that. Whatevah! His money is going to a very good cause. (me) I figure I'll pick up my winnings in December when I'm in Vegas for the WPBT, and this year I'm going!
4. Didn't win or lose a lot of money at Foxwoods. Blah - lots of details to follow. One item of interest is when I got to the cash room and tried to sign up for 1/2 nl before the tourney and was put on a list with 40 names ahead of me. WTF. They were short dealers and had oodles of players because of the holiday. With no way of getting on a 1/2nl table before the tourney, I took an open seat at....wait for it...Omaha high low 5/10 limit. Oh yes I did! And as I did this I thought "I am NOT a one trick pony like someone (bad billy) suggested." So I sat down, announcing "I really don't know how to play this so bear with me." I tried VERY hard not to play it like it was a tourney (thank you wolfie) and actually did quite well. Omaha is fun! The guys at the table kept saying that I sure DID know how to play Omaha, and was trying to pull one over on them...at least until I scooped a pot but couldn't understand why. I thought for sure it was a split yet the dealer was pushing all the chips to me. "Half the pot is his because he has a better low!" But he didn't. Some of those hands weren't all that easy to read - and I am normally the one correcting everyone at the felt, not making mistakes. I lost my last hand before heading to the tourney, when I flopped a top top straight and an open ended straight flush draw. The 3rd heart hit on the river but gave someone else a higher flush which killed my straight. Ugh. I left ahead $6. lol but I had fun. The same lady who sold me my chips cashed me out and said "You've won enough for coffee, but not enough to get sugar with it." lol
5. I am officially no longer mad at Poker Grump. He was just being himself and I took it too personally, and got offended and upset. <---understatement. Luckily for him we are on opposite sides of the country. Grump's a good friend. Don't forget that he's the one who instigated me getting my free room at Borgata. It's not that I don't appreciate him and love his blog, I do. It's just that I'm Sicilian and tend to be passionate in both a good and bad way. Which reminds me, I have to call Uncle Rocky and tell him to cancel sending the leg breakers to Vegas. (I kid!)
6. I met the nicest young man in Foxwoods yesterday, and I do mean nice and young. Young kid....mebbe 27 years old, named Rob. He was talking on the phone about his awesome magic kit that he was giving to someone. I overheard a bit of that so when he hung up I had to say "You're going to do magic tricks?" He explained that his friend had just passed away and he was giving the magic kit to the friend's son. Ohhhhh! I gave my condolences obv. He told me that his friend was 29 years old and had heart failure when he was sleeping. Rob said his friend had had very bad sleep apnea and didn't know if that was part of the cause. Sad stuff. Then Rob, using a cane, limped away to get some cigarettes. When he returned I was like "Why the cane dude?" (I am sooo sensitive!) He reminded me of my dear friend Wolfie, except this was just a kid! He said he played college football which ruined his hips and they took a bone out of his shin and put it in his hip. He showed me the looooong scar from ankle to knee where they took that fucker out. omg. Anyway, I could tell he was in alot of pain, and asked him if he was doing physical therapy. Doctors said he couldn't do therapy because it would wear his hip down quicker and they wanted it to last as long as possible. Because of this he lost his job that he just got as a police officer - something he went to college for. He said he couldn't pass any fitness tests now, and they got rid of him from dispatch. Rob's from a black hole Western Mass, so I told him to get Mass Health insurance cuz his insurance premium is $600 per month and with disability he gets only $700 per month. He can't get on Mass Health because they won't cover some of his pricey prescription meds. Fuckers. So I cheered him how only I can. (get ur mind out of the gutters! I said he was a kid!)
I have oodles more to tell you but it's almost 11am....so must sign off. Note to self: must tell you about the know it all fucker to my left at the omaha table. OMFG. He would not shut up. He was explaining something to me for LITERALLY 15 minutes, even when I was in a hand.
I'll be back before it's time to open Christmas presents.