Foxwoods 12/23/11

I spent my Thursday at Foxwoods because I'd been itching to play a tournament. The plan was to play the 11am $120 tourney, with 10K in starting chips.  Before the tourney started I played 5-10 Omaha and left pretty much break even, which would be my theme for the day.   By the way, James Woods wasn't in the poker room and believe me I looked.  But back to the tourney....

 There were about 80 peeps in my tourney and though I lasted almost 5 hours I didn't cash, which sucks.  I'm sad to say, I'm starting to believe that maybe I should just stick to the cash game.  Blah.  I dunno - Cash games are money makers and tourneys just haven't been money makers for me lately.  Ugh.

I went into the tourney with the idea not to limp into many pots - I'd play my usual aggressive way, and come in raising, but only with big cards.  That was the game plan but ironically, my beginning play was nothing like that.  I folded the first 5 or so hands and then I was the big blind.  I had 2-4, the mighty 2-4, I should say, which obviously reminded me of YOU KNOW WHO.  Grrr.  Everyone folded around to the button who raised it to 150.  Small blind folded and I called.  Flop was 3-6-Q.  Hmmmm I checked and the button bet 200.  I know I should've folded but that darn hand has hit for me so many times, so I called.  Turn was a 5!  I almost had this same exact thing happen to me in Atlantic City but there I hit a straight flush on the turn, and this was merely a straight, albeit a very well concealed straight.  I checked and he bet 600 into me.  Cue the bad acting...Hmmmm...and then I called.  River was a non card and I checked again.  This time he checked behind me, darn it, and flipped over Q-10 for top pair and was not too happy to see my straight.  Heh.

Very next hand, I get 2-4, and now I'm the small blind.  Someone limps in, I call and the BB checks.  We are 3 handed and the flop is 2-2-A.  I shiat you not.  I bet out, tossing 300 in, hoping one of them has an ace but nope.  The big blind folds and the other guy says "You like to play small cards, so I'm going to fold."  Darn it!  And for the record I don't like playing small cards, except The Grump.  Anyway, very next hand is...10-7.  Yet another hand that reminds me of Poker Grump.  What the heck?!?  Grrrr...And let me tell you, the Grump memories it brings back are not good - for an explanation of this go HERE. OMFG.  Since the other two hands have been good, I play this hand on the button, but I completely miss the flop.  Obv I must dump it and settle down.  I was playing for a couple of hours when I got 8-9 and was having a hard decision on whether or not to fold it preflop against a standard raise, with a couple of callers before me.  There was enough chips in the pot so I called.

Flop was 5-6-7 rainbow.  I bet out, another peep raised, and yet another jammed all in.  I jammed all in over the top of him as I had quite a bit more, thinking worst case we are tying but most likely I'm ahead.  The initial raiser folded and I saw I was up against 5-6.  4 cards out there can kill me.  6 on the river does just that and I double him up.  It killed me emotionally as well.  How do I fold a top straight on a rainbow board?  :(  I played for quite a while after that and went out with K-K.  I raised to 3 1/2 times the blinds - not a huge raise, and perhaps that was my demise.  I got a couple of callers and the flop was 4-4-5.  I immediately jammed all in and one guy called me, who had 7-7.  I was THRILLED.  Turn was a 6 and the river...yes, a 3.  GG Josie.  Not too much I could do there.  It was just one of those days.  I ended up at the bar, chatting with that Rob dude, and then hitting the cash table 2-5 cash just for fun.  I brought a bit more cash than usual in case James Woods was there again, so I could play at his table.  (I will do this, btw.  Trust me.)  Didn't win or lose many pots - Lost with A-K once, and won with it once, when I flopped TPTK against a guys pocket kings.  heh.  Left up mebbe $80 and took a rest.  Down a bit for the day but I was beat.  I played poker pretty much for 11 hrs straight and I was done.  In the 11 hours I played I only got 2 pocket pairs, K-K and 3-3.  Very odd.

Play smart.

Josie

***Ahem, I now have 42 followers!  Thank you Jen and Murv!  My number of followers is rapidly reaching my age!***

Comments

lightning36 said…
Another dozen followers and you've hit your age. Congrats!

The payback for all your previous cardrackitis continues. In the words of my home game player Mike: "Suck it!"
Josie said…
LOL you biatch! I aint that old - unlike YOU.

I guess it's all ebb and flow - but damn those hands hurt.
lightning36 said…
Just thought I'd have a little fun sparring with you on Boxing Day. : o )

My birthday is coming up in just over three weeks. Just giving you fair warning to save up all your spare cash to buy me an expensive birthday present. I deserve it, don't I?

btw -- I am considering a spring trip to the east -- maybe AC via Philly or maybe even Boston. Oh -- and although I might change my mind, I tentatively am planning to skip the WPBT in 2012.
Josie said…
Well biatch - if you wind up at any of those places, I'll buy you a drink and take some cash off you.
lightning36 said…
You neglected to respond to the part of my comment where I mentioned "expensive birthday present."
badbilly32 said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CARLTON FISK!( yes i hate the "sux") but am enough of a baseball purist to know and appreciate a great player when i see one

game six 75 series is the greatest baseball game ever played i.m.o

the 8/9 hand..i would think more often than not they show up with a set or 2 pair as opposed to another 8/9..either way you got the nuts, got it in good...what can you do.. nlhe mtt's are painful

as far as followers best thing you could have done was post in tony's blog..there are alot of good posters over there(ahem ahem) that are, and will continue to morph over to your blog, as you are a good read!(doesnt hurt that your a princess" either)how im doin lighting ?lol)

id be willing to bet you get to 60 or more by the time he goes bust and his blog goes kaput!

it seems like you guys all blog together, is there no online gathering of card playing ever?

seems to me theres enough people to do some kind of league/weekly game, im the newb so im just askin.( no josie the merge network isnt gonna take your dough d.o.j. style)its safe to come out and play again! :)
plus i would love to play annette15 eeerrrr very josie, just to see how good she really is( i know you love challenges)
Josie said…
lightning, i thought you coming to the east coast just to be in my presence was the 'expensive birthday present' to yourself - which btw is totally worth it.

billy, i used to have a private tourney on full tilt and there was also the mookie on full tilt - all kaput now, except for the annual tourney in vegas - which lightning says he's skipping this year - guess that means i'm DEF going. lol
grrouchie said…
Before getting to the comments on this thread I was listening to Live's Lightning Crashes and after reading the comments I picture lightning36 crash and burning out of a poker tournament that he was planning on skipping and old mother Josie laughing so hard tears come out of her eyes.

Also, never check the nuts on the river after hollywooding it up for a call on the turn :)
Josie said…
Excuse me Grrouchie? OLD. MOTHER. JOSIE. Oh no you di'nt! How much did lightning pay you to write that? whatever he paid, it's not worth it to walk with a limp, is it? lol
lightning36 said…
"old mother Josie" -- The mommy of Sugar Bear

Muhahahahahaha

The proper lightning song is Lou Christie's Lightning Strikes:

Listen to me, baby, you gotta understand
You're old enough to know the makings of a man
Listen to me, baby, it's hard to settle down
Am I asking too much for you to stick around

Every boy wants a girl
He can trust to the very end
Baby, that's you
Won't you wait but 'til then

When I see lips beggin' to be kissed (stop)
I can't stop (stop)
I can't stop myself

Lightning is striking again
Lightning is striking again

Nature's takin' over my one-track mind
Believe it or not, you're in my heart all the time
All the girls are sayin' that you'll end up a fool
For the time being, baby, live by my rules

When I settle down
I want one baby on my mind
Forgive and forget
And I'll make up for all lost time

If she's put together fine
And she's readin' my mind (stop)
I can't stop (stop)
I can't stop myself

Lightning is striking again
Lightning is striking again
And again and again and again

There's a chapel in the pines
Waiting for us around the bend
Picture in your mind
Love forever, but 'til then

If she gives me a sign
That she wants to make time (stop)
I can't stop (stop)
I can't stop myself

Lightning is striking again
Lightning is striking again
And again and again and again
Lightning is striking again
And again and again and again
sevencard2003 said…
why would u not raise the turn with 24 but only call? u should raise and hope he comes over the top allin with a set or like, ur hand is well hidden, u lost a lot of value only calling and then he checks the river too. instead u give him a free card for a possible boat and if he was going for that u wouldnt have to worry about a fold.

do u know who tyler619 is on yahoo? i might have the id wrong, but he claimed to want to know where i was playing, and said he was in town, then a few days later he said i was a nit, and that he was hanging out with u all nite.

am guessing hes blackjackpro or one of them assholes but cannot be sure.
Josie said…
Lightning strikes again, indeed! lol

Sevencard, I totally should've raised on the turn but I was trying to be tricky. And no, have no idea who that tyler person is at all, and was def not hanging out with him/her.
PokahDave said…
Was 'That Rob dude' Rakefeeder? he's always there...I think he's come close to winning that tourney.
PokahDave said…
Pick a song with Lightning Strikes within the last 30 years...lol...how about the Aerosmith version?
Josie said…
I doubt the rob dude was rakefeeder.
Josie said…
Heh - Captain Obvious (pokahdave) is calling Lightning old. :)
sevencard2003 said…
i cant remember the exact yahoo id but i think its either lightning or smiling brown bear both of whom were in vegas recently and friends of urs u probably dont have their yahoo id.

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset