Coop's right




See the table in the picture above? That's a shuffleboard table! It's one of the many game tables at the SSC. It's really alot of fun, although I didn't play it this time. The surface is actually a high gloss finish and that stuff on it is saw dust. Isn't cool how they use saw dust to help the curling rocks fly? Yes, I'm gonna call them curling rocks because that's what they look like to me.

And if you ask me, I don't even know why it isn't called a curling table. I mean come on, does it LOOK like shuffleboard? No! Granted, the scoring seems to be more like shuffleboard but that's it.

BTW no cash game last night at Lynne's. It was Lynne's wife's birthday. Oh well.

Did I tell you I joined a "league" at Lynne's? It cost $100 per year to be in the league and they have monthly tournaments where you earn points for where you place. At the end of the year there's a big tourney and your $100 pays for that prize as well as others. Such as, top five in points for the year gets prizes, as does having quads and straight flushes.

It's all kinda new to me but we'll see how it goes. If nothing else I think of it as PR for my very lucrative cash game.

Play smart.

Josie

Comments

evpjm said…
Hey Josie,

A reply to the other day's comment about the games in NY: Yeah the payout in good for the price but there is alot of people to get by and alot of river rats as well. I had a guy call my raises with bottom pair(I had Top)and he pulled 2 pair on the river. It happens alot which is why I understand Helmuth going nuts all the time. Which is also why you hardly see Pros at the Final table anymore.(I can give you my whole rant on that one day) Anyway, so if your Planning a trip to NY let me know and I'll see if I can hook you up.
Josie said…
Thanks Ev,

I think a road trip may be in order! I really am in the mood to play in a REAL tournament, although I won (split with jew boy) one this weekend.

I know what you mean about those river rats. It's so frustrating when you bet and they call and suck out. Long term, that kind of playing won't win.
Jay said…
I love playing shuffleboard, but I suck at it. Maybe if I didn't drink while playing. Or maybe I should drink MORE while playing? haha
evpjm said…
Yes

You know that and I know that. Problem is that if you only play once in a while it's fustrating to be the 1 in the 1 out of 10 times in happens. That's why Poker is a grind. Anyway, Congrats on your Win. Makes that itch grow stronger dosen't it? So Let me know if your into a road trip. You can do your own poker tour. Maybe pass through Conn hit Foxwoods and map out a few places along the way. Could be fun and would be a great read.
Josie said…
@ Jay, LOL it is a fun game, and remember everything is more fun with a little alcohol. BTW I LOVE reading your blog and I'm honored that you stopped by. :) Thank you!
Josie said…
@ Ev, I think you're onto something! I wanted to play in foxwoods in march but it just never happened. And you're right since the win, I want to play again and I'm thinking Seabrook!
dbcooper said…
Yea that table is exactly like what we have up here. Fun game. That poker league you are joining is exactly the kind of one I play in. We get points which determines the chips you get at a season ending tournament (we have 4 a year) ( prizes at those tournaments include entry fee into a WSOP tournament or a huge local tournament plus gift certificates).
dbcooper said…
Oh and the comment about every thing is more fun with alcohol I tend to agree mostly but remembers a couple times something wasn't quite as fun,........... of course women don't have that problem.
Josie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josie said…
Coop, LOL Women definitely don't have that problem. In fact, with women,it's thereverse cuz alcohol loosens inhibitions...

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset