Bing!




I won my entry! Clicky to see my name in lights

Since I had plenty of chips I played very defensively. It's not a tourney that you have to win, you just can't lose.  It's a waiting game.  When there were 8 peeps left....and remember 6 are winners, the peep to my right jammed all in for more than 1/3 of my stack, while I was holding 9-9.  Do I call and hope to bring us down to 7 peeps?  In the end I decided to do the thing I find most difficult.  I folded my pocket nines.  See below.




I've been thinking about it and I still don't know if that was the right move. In the end, I won my entry so it worked out fine.  I'd be interested in your thoughts on this.

Waffles thanks for your comment, it may have made me even more determined to win.  Now get back to work!

Play smart.

Josie


Comments

SirFWALGMan said…
Nice job Josie! Gratz! You are dead on about not playing to win too.. Only time you have to risk things is if you are too short to continue on...
KenP said…
Hard not being the Sheriff, huh?

Should you have played the 99?

It's not a tourney that you have to win, you just can't lose.

You are excellent at answering your own questions!

Different payout; harder decision.
Josie said…
Waffles, u calling me short again? :)
lightning36 said…
I think it is clear that KenP has surpassed Wolfshead as being VJ's biggest tormenter.

I bow to your greatness, sir ...
Josie said…
Light, that's only cuz of wolfie's situation. Once he's on the right meds he'll be back with a vengence.

Ken, the thing is he jammed cuz he had position and KNEW i couldn't call...so he could've done it with any cards, just to pick up blinds....
jamyhawk said…
Congrats! Folding the 99 was the right move.
KenP said…
Yeah, Wolfman just gave me a temporary power of attorney.

Besides, rather than the sheriff, she reminds me of The Outlaw Josey Wales:

Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

No additional insight will be provided concerning the mad dog component.
Josie said…
Words to live and play by Ken.
Sammi said…
Folding the 9-9 was the right move at that point. As you said the tourny was about getting to the top 6 not winning outright. Although he could have had anything by folding you made it possible not to be short stacked and fighting like mad to get into the Bing.

You live to play another day...

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset