Beetle Position

Me and my Sugar Bear

Sugar Bear has a vocabulary beyond his years.   He's a smart kid and I push the reading.  I'm a firm believer that reading makes you smarter, builds vocab, regardless of WHAT you are reading.  Comic books, video game magazines, whatever, it all helps.  So anyway, like I said he has a BIG vocab and I sometimes forget he's just a kid.

But the other day.......

I don't remember why, but for some reason I called him "A big galoot".

He stopped dead in his tracks and said "You called me a pair of pants?"

LOLLL No!  I repeat that I called him a "galoot".

He says.....Ohhhh I thought you called me a "galosh".

Hmmmmm "Evan do you think galoshes are pants?"  lol

"They are!"  He says.  I go onto explain that galoshes are rain boots, but he doesn't believe me.  heh 

Which reminds me of a story very similar to this....When Evan was about 8 years old I was tickling him (cuz I'm like that) and perhaps I went a bit too far.  He curled up in a ball.  Obv tickle time was over, but he stayed that way.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm  in a beetle position" he said.  What?  I asked him what he meant.  He said "When you curl up into a ball like a little baby in it's called a beetle position."  He heard it on TV.

"You mean a fetal position!"  I told him.

Oh, what does fetal mean?

Spent about 15 minutes explaining fetal to an 8 year old boy.  Only me!  And yes, I still tease him about the "beetle position".

Josie


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset