I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up

Okay, so I could get up, but still. 

I fell.

And it couldn't have happened in front of more people, or been more embarrassing, if I'd been trying for that outcome.

Quick recap:
Every year our liability insurance provider gives us the opportunity to get a 10% discount on our annual premium if we hold an educational seminar on something.....applicable.  To get this year's discount I had to get all of our architects as well as all of our architectural staff (non-registered architects) to read and take a test on site visits, and then attend a lunch seminar, which was today.

Let me tell you, trying to get 25 architects in one room at the same time is like trying to herd cats.  Not easy or fun, but a 10% discount is worth about 18-20K so I got it done.  Woot!

(stay with me, I fall down very soon!)

So I had lunch catered for everyone, including me, natch.  And as I go to toss out my lunch containers I dropped the salad dressing container, which was still more than half full.  Dressing went everywhere outside the conf room, on our very shiny hardwood floor.  I cleaned it up and thought "Damn, that's going to be slippery".

1/2 hr later.....

I'm walking toward reception and feel one of my feet sliding.....felt as though I was falling in slow moion until *boom* the landing.  lol  Of course since I had everyone congregated in one room, it happened in front of everyone, including our insurance providors. *blush*

I popped up just fine as everyone rushed to see if I was okay.  I am, except for my ego.  OMFG of all days and times.

Josie

PS Good thing we have liability insurance!

Comments

Cranky said…
Josie - bummer! I fell once at work, and though it was 15 years ago, I still remember it clearly. I suspect the others that saw me fall don't remember it at all.
The Neophyte said…
Way to make a meeting memorable Josie. I'm sure it will make it a lot easier to get them all to the seminar next year as they'll be waiting to see what stunt you pull.
Josie said…
thanks cranky. it sucked but it's over.

neo they'll go because when I say jump, they say 'how high?'. lol jk

come to think of it, i was wearing heels because of the meeting so I didn't have my usual grip.
Josie said…
thanks cranky. it sucked but it's over.

neo they'll go because when I say jump, they say 'how high?'. lol jk

come to think of it, i was wearing heels because of the meeting so I didn't have my usual grip.
Edward said…
Next year will be easier to get them all together. Just publish, "Come see Josie's NEXT trick."
Lucki Duck said…
Back in the '70s, my sister fell down three or four stairs at a high school football game. When she stopped rolling at the bottom of the bleachers, she stood up and in her best Chevy Chase voice hollered out, "Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!"

You might want to remember that for the next time you bust your butt in front of your co-workers :)
raydenzel1 said…
I am glad you were alright.
Josie said…
@Edward....OMFG Is that really you?

@lucki duck....ha! I'm old enough to remember Chevy Chase doing those falls on SNL.

Thank you Ray!
Sammi said…
I did that at our company Christmas party, wound up having to have an ALC/MCL Patella tendon replacement. Be happy that it was just a slip and not an epic crash! Everyone was laughing until they realized that maybe I was really hurt and not drunk. Good times lol. On a good note those employees will be much easier to get next year! LOL
SirFWALGMan said…
I hope you were at least wearing panties so the firm did not see your nether regions and only saw what color panties you were wearing. :P
Josie said…
Thanks Sammie.

Yes, I was wearing panties and PANTS. LOL
Vegas Linda Lou said…
Falling is the worth it unless you have an audience! (Did anyone laugh?) I fell at work last year and it was great. How many people can brag that they got a rug burn at work?

Too funny, Josie!

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset