OMG

First of all let me say that I am a cool mom.  Really.  Every one of my son's friends that come over love me.  I'm fun, I let them pretty much have reign of the TV and I'm always doling out snacks.  His friends are always excited when I actually play with them and talk to them you know.  Seriously.  They love me.  I always let them get away with murder.  Kids love that.

For example there is a kid here now and they've watched TV, played video games, lit tiny and kinda safe fireworks in the back yard, had freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, and he's sleeping over.

Why am I telling you this?

I JUST YELLED AT HIM.

I have never yelled at any of my son's friends before and I'm kinda pissed off that he pushed me to that.

So here's what happened.  I don't like kids using foul language.  In fact, I can/will do a whole separate post about swearing.  Until Evan was 8 years old anyone swearing at my poker table had to pay.  Pay for each swear that reached my son's ears.

But this wasn't a swear.  The kid said........I don't even wanna type what the kid said.  Let's just say it rhymes with chock and if you're a dude you have one. 

I couldn't believe it.

I said Nick that's the kind of language you use?  No answer.  Nick, do you say that in front of your mother?  No answer.  Now this kid is sleeping over and I decided that if he ignores me once more, the invitation is declined.

So I yell.

"Nick, do you say that word in front of your mother?"

He mumbles something that I can't quite hear.

"Was that a yes or a no?"

"No......."

"Then I would appreciate it if you wouldn't use it in front of me."

"Okay, but if you're not here?"

"NOT. IN. MY. HOUSE."

"okay."

I've officially become the UNcool mom, but that's TFB.

Josie

Comments

lightning36 said…
You might actually be the respected mom.

It's gotta start somewhere ...
Razboynik said…
You should have read them the 'riot act', before giving them such freedom.
The kids can't be held accountable if they don't know the 'do & don't' laws of the house.
Josie said…
Raz,

I suppose you're right. This was a new kid, not one I know well. Usually I don't have to do the riot act thing cuz it's always the same kids who know me and I know them. Next time riot act with new kids FOR SURE.

He's gone now. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset