Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tired....and....tired

It's almost 1am so here is the world's quickest poker recap.

Live Poker:  Net winnings of $1!  I shiat you not.  It's $5 per game.  First game had 5 peeps for $25 total prize.  When it was down to 2 of us, we split and I got $12.  So I'm up $7 at this point.  Lost 2nd game so down another $5....down to $2, and then I had a $1 side bet with Noodles that I lost.  Big $1 winner!

I played The Mookie and was out early. 7 or 8 peeps, with Buddy making a late entrance.  I lost to Buddy when I flopped top pair and he turned a flush.

Then I played a $3 (90) person.  Got lucky 3 times when I went all in with 2nd best hand and caught miracle rivers.  3 freaking times!  Anyway I get short stacked when there are 14 peeps left and I keep hanging on...trying to make it to the money.  9 itm.  I finally get there and guess who else is at the final table?

Lucky Duck!

I had no idea he was in the game.  He had a few more chips than me, but I got lucky when my AJ sooted was up against AK.  I caught my flush and a bunch of insults from Mr. AK, but hey, that's poker.  I ignored him.  Imagine that...me who has been known to run my gums.  I just figure it's a lose/lose situation.  Yeah he had the best hand preflop and yeah, I got lucky.  But doesn't he know by now that's part of poker?  Maybe insulting strangers makes him feel better.  I hope so.

Anyway, finally it was down to Me, Lucky Duck and some guy.  Ducky went out 3rd and then we were heads up.  And that's where I suck, suck, sucked.  We played heads up for about 15 minutes and although I had the lead for half the time, I just couldn't hold onto it.  Made a desperate move when I was short stacked and then I was out.


Clicky on snapshot for proof that I OWN Lucky Duck :)


Happy to get 2nd, yet why to feel so frustrated about it.  I should've finished the job.  Eh, there's always next time.

Play smart (like Lucky Duck and me).

Josie

7 comments:

KenP said...

Well, it is obvious that you need tutoring on HU play and I'm just the guy!

Rules:
1. Get lucky
2. There is no number 2

Memphis MOJO said...

Congrats on the ca$h. This result is proof that the best player doesn't always win!

Josie said...

Ken, I was very disappointed to lose heads up, and I'm open to any ideas to improve my game.

Mojo, xoxoxo

Wolfshead said...

When did you folks sign up for the Mookie? I was registered but when there were only 2 of us with 10 min to go I got out and hit the sack.

Josie said...

I signed up like 5 min before it started and there were only 3 including me.

Lucki Duck said...

Josie, I didn't give you those chips to LOSE! I went to bed thinking you had it sewed up.

Too bad.

The guy you rivered at the FT was hilarious! What did he expect you to do with A-J and less than 10 BB? Limp? Boy, he was pissed. Too funny!

I thought we were gonna be heads up when the villian pushed into my A-J. Who knew he'd have K-K?

Then the very next hand, you have Q-Q... geez. Guess I wasn't meant to win the tourney. Oh well.

Enjoyed pitchin' cards wit ya'!

See ya down the road.

Josie said...

Ducky, I thought I had it sewn up too. It killed me that that guy won.

And yea I have AJ sooted, I'm short, it's 3 way and he acts calls me every name under the sun for jamming with that. I was going to explain my reasoning, but it wouldn't have helped. He needs years of anger management so I let it go.


Fun seeing you at the final table - we rock!