What's your name?


I'm wicked sick.  Shivering and sweats all night.  What a freakin combo.  But I'm in work for now because duty calls. (and my boss is out tomorrow)

Which brings me to the point of this post.  I had plans to meet with a new employee this morning, which I just did.  Lovely Asian girl, but English is definitely not her first, second, or third language.  Anyway, I ask her how to pronounce her name (I really try not to butcher people's names) and she tells me her name is....

Eugene.

"Really, pronounce it again so I can get it right" I request.

EUGENE.

Does she know she has the name of  a nerdy boy?  I'm thinking no.

Josie

Comments

Memphis MOJO said…
Sorry to hear you're under the weather - hope you get to feelin' better.
lightning36 said…
My first name is Eugene. Are you trying to say something here?
Josie said…
Ha! And I thought having a nickname like "Lightning" was bad. Who knew your real name was just as nerdy? LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset