Long time no blog....I've been feeling blah lately with everything, not just blogging, so don't take it personally.  : )  Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.  For example, Saturday night the other Poker Dave was having a home game, and I didn't even bother to go.  Just stayed home and did nothing.  Blahhhhhhh.  I even skipped the last Lesbian and Black Men Tournament.  The next one is this Saturday night, and I'm going to make myself go.

Actually, while I was doing nothing Saturday night I watched some of that Doubles Poker Championship on GSN.  It's a pretty crazy idea.  You have a partner and you play the cards preflop, partner plays post flop, you play on the turn and partner plays the river.  You can't discuss discuss decision makingunless you take a time out.  It's kind of cool to see one person it up and the partner to figure out what to do.

Okay well that was Saturday....let's get back to Friday.

Friday, I went to Seabrook Poker Room with my buddy Gary.  And I lost.  Again.  Without a doubt the highlight of the day (and if I'm going to be honest, the real reason I went)  was our trip to Kelly's Roast Beef.  They have the best lobster rolls on earth and dear, sweet, darling gary bought me one. (see below)

  
Mmmmm good

Are you ready for a picture of me jamming said lobster roll into my mouth?  It ain't pretty....you may wanna scroll past.


Can you see the smile on my face? 

I lost both the tourney and the sng again at Seabrook.  Obviously the bad luck of wingman rubbed off on me.  Funney thing is, we were down to 2 tables and I was waaaaay short stacked.  Gary raised - yes he was at my table the whole time.  I had A-Q sooted.  I knew Gary had a big hand but the AQ was the best I had seen in like an hour.  I shoved over the top but not much more than Gary's raise.  He had AK and took me out.  Gary lost too but lasted about an hour longer than me.

Then we played a sng.  Card dead till I looked down at AA.  I make a big raise and get 2 callers.  Flop was 9 high rainbow.  I bet pot, one guy folds and a chick (a kinda drunk chick who was talking about having sex with monkeys and a goat) shoves all in.  Hmmmmm  Flop was actually 9-4-2 rainbow.  I know she didn't call my raise with 9-4 or 9-2 so I don't put her on 2 pair.  I'm thinking maybe J-J.

I call.

She flips over 9-9.  She flopped trips.  Of course. 2 outer.  So I'm very short stacked and things tend to repeat themselves in my life.  Gary raises.  I look down at a pair of ducks.  Not lucky ducks.  I'm up against a couple of overs so it's a coin flip.  Except the board pairs and then the board pairs again on the river, counterfeiting my pocket deuces.  Lucky Gary.

Oh and I swear this crap only happens to me - so I'm out of the tourney - this is before Gary and I play the sng...I have nothing to do, so I'm watching a cash game.  Out of the blue - this guy looks up and says to me "See these chips...they're yours if we leave now and go to your place."  I shiat you not!  I swear this crap only happens to me...he hadn't uttered a word to me before that statement.  Must be the poker uniform - but IMO it's not prostitute low, but I dunno.  Next live game it's gonna be a red sox jersey and a baseball cap - let's see what happens.

In other news, Mikey continues to improve.  And he doesn't let a little thing like life threatening surgery stop him from blogging.  That's my boy!

Onto football!  Below is a screen shot of the upper people in my league.  Notice I am first during this shot!  Adam sucks so bad he didn't even make it into the screenshot.  :)



               Clicky on screen shot for a close up.

The league is winner take all - no second place. I needed The Jets to win and San Diego to lose and I'd win the pool. San Diego did their part but the Jets - fuck them. They played sucky football last night. Their offense was pitiful, and they didn't win for me. Frigging New Yorkers! :)

Even though I didn't win, I put up some good numbers toward the mid year and end of year prizes.  Plus Adam and I have side bets for mid and end of year.  After week 1 he's like 40 points behind me so there's no way he's going to catch up.

I think I'm feeling a little less blah than when I started this post (Monday night).  And my plan is to start work out tonight. I tend to feel better when I do.

Play smart.

Josie

Comments

SirFWALGMan said…
So was he good in bed? HAHA! Just kidding!! Someone had to say it!!!

You look cute with your lobster roll. :).
Josie said…
LOL I probably should've finished the story. I said NO - He asked a couple more times...then I gave him the Sicilian evil eye look - and he apologized and said he was just making conversation. What a conversation starter!
PokahDave said…
There is another PokahDave?
Josie said…
Yeah and he's wicked good at poker...kinda like you.
BamBam said…
Blah-Blah-Blah and then, what's that thing in front of the HAWTie?

Lobster~Schmobster.

;)

Blah's gone now?
Josie said…
LOL BamBam - you make me laugh...

Yeah not quite as blah.
Memphis MOJO said…
I've been feeling blah lately

That's why they call it a blahg.

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset