Brilliant Idea or Not



I went to Mangia Mangia today to get lunch.  It's a little hole in the wall dive in the North End of Boston.  As I was walking back to the office I walked by this little "club".  It said Sons of Italy by the door and the door was propped wide open to some fresh September air.

So of course I looked in........

What I saw was a bunch of old men (retired I imagine as it's a work day) playing poker!  And lots of them!  They had 2 tables going!  BOOM.

My first thought was....ewwww...alot of these old men aren't wearing tops!  I mean TOPLESS.  Not even a wife beater.  Must be hot in there.

My SECOND thought was....hmmmm....retirement money!!  Cha-Ching!

Now do I have the balls to walk into said club, out of the blue, and ask to play there at lunch time?  I dunno.
Normally I'd rather have bamboo shoots shoved under my nails than walk into a place where I know no one and have to be friendly.

I am THAT antisocial in person.  For real.

But..................It's an Italian Club and I sure am Italian so I have that going for me.  Plus it's all old guys....old guys LOVE me, right Mojo?  :)  And let's face it, I'd be doing them a favor by inviting myself.   As antisocial as I am, I make a live game a helluva lot of fun....so they'd def have a good time giving me their money.

On the negative side, I'm certainly not a club member....would they let a non member play during her lunch hour?  I dunno.  Is it weird to just walk in off the street and ask to play?  Probably.  But if I'm in my poker uniform (cleavage baby) how could they say no?

Should I do it or not?  I think it'd be E-Z money.  Famous last words, right? 

Play smart.

Josie

Comments

Memphis MOJO said…
old guys LOVE me, right mojo?

Ya, for sure. Lots of spirit, fun type person. MOJO can dig it.
Josie said…
Awww thanks Mojo - right back atcha.
J said…
You gotta do it. Think of all the awesome stories you'll hear as you take their money.

-Contriboy
SirFWALGMan said…
They would let you play but you would have to be topless like them.
Josie said…
J-Hmmmm you're right.

Waffles - Well if it's really THAT hot in there, I'll have to.
KenP said…
Take Waffles along. He might pass for -h-u-m-a-n- Italian.
Josie said…
Ken have you met Waffles? He ain't passing for A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G Italian.
Wolfshead said…
If it's the same club, Loyal Order of the Sons of Italy that they have around here you would probably have to join. Used to be a member many moons ago even tho my family actually came from across the Adriatic in Albania. Second, the probably aren't playing HE or Omaha tho those games might have found their way into the mix but if it's anything like the games I used to see in the fraternal social clubs you are talking dealer's choice with games ranging from stud to draw with possible wild card variations thrown in. Sure you want to get involved?
Josie said…
Wolfie - not sure I have the right equipment to join the SONS of Italy. I agree about the poker games though - i'm sure they are dealer's choice and not HE but that's okay. Love me some wild cards!

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset