Remember me?

Who's this girl?

First of all, I'm writing this post for Little Acornman, who requested a write up of the poker game Saturday night.  Truly, I don't know why I haven't been posting.  I just don't feel like it, plus I don't have alot of poker to write about these days.  This blog was supposed to be about "Poker baby, it's all about poker".  Somehow it got to be a helluva lot more than that. 

But I digress.....

Saturday night I played in my monthly poker league game with the black men and ladies.  I've missed 3 games so far, yet I'm still in 4th place.  Now that I don't get alot of opportunities to player poker I won't be missing many others.  I plan to take first place from the donkey who is currently there.  :)  However, Saturday night I SUCKED.  I was Gigli, yep, the first person out of the tourney!

The funny thing is the black men are the only competition in this league and NONE of them showed up, so this should've been an easy win but I got tangled up early on with a DONKEY and lost more than half my chips.  Lemme 'splain....

I've played with this guy ALOT and he doesn't have a fold button.  I know this, but instead of playing small ball I bet big.  I had a crappy hand in the BB but the flop gave me an OESD.  It also had 2 hearts.  He bet big and I called.  Turn gave me my straight.  He bet big and I raised BIG:

A.) KNOWING he wouldn't fold
B.) KNOWING he was most likely on a flush draw.

The river brought the third heart.  He bet again and I called him KNOWING he hit his flush.  Yep, 2/3s of my chips were gone in 20 minutes.  He ended up going on a HUGE lucky streak and winning the game.  Besides catching the river with me, he also called an all in with K-10 off suit (about 6k to call) and he won.  Then he called Lynn's all in - she had aces and he paired the board with 3s.  How do  you call an all in with bottom pair?  I dunno but he did and was rewarded with another 3 on the river.

It was that kind of game.  I hung around because most of the peeps agreed to play a second game and I wanted my money back.

Mission accomplished.  I dominated the second game from beginning to end.  And the donk I mentioned above was out early.  His kind of playing results in more losses than wins, long term.  I just wish I hadn't used so many chips to get him off his draw, but live and learn.

It was well after midnight by the time we were heads up in the second game so we agreed to a split and I left with about $50 in net winnings. 

I work in Boston about 3 minutes away from The Boston Garden and as soon as I get home, I will be sporting my friend's Bruins jersey and get ready for Game 7.  Can the Bruins win in Vancouver?  Does a cat have an ass?  I'm excited about the game, but don't get me wrong, I am a fair-weathered fan.  I'm only excited because it's been an exciting playoff series.  Plus Evan insists on watching every game, which means I've been watching them too.  Well, I've been watching the first period anyway.  I've fallen asleep during EVERY playoff game.  *yawn*  It's exciting in the beginning but then it gets tiring trying to keep my eye on the puck.

Plus, talk about a violent series!  These people are CRAZY.  After watching The Bruins and The Canucks go after each other, football seems like "Duck, duck, goose!".  I just don't get why that much violence is allowed.  Yes, Gary's told me it's because they are men with sticks so they need some sort of release of aggression, but come on!  If the rules were in place, they'd be enforced.

Ugh, I hate that photo of myself at the top of this post, but I'm in work so the options are limited.  I could store a winter's worth of acorns in those cheeks. Ugh my face looks so ROUND in that pic.

Anyhoo, don't forget to......

Play smart.

Josie

Comments

Littleacornman said…
Nice post!There always seems to be one lucky donk in every live game I play too.Hoping it will be me one day!

I looked on my sports channels here in the UK and your big game isn't on.( 1am start but would have recorded it and watched later!)I don't watch Ice Hockey, but I love big sporting occasions and the build up on the 2+2 pokercast ( guys from Vancouver)got me interested.Gl to your team!
lightning36 said…
Isn't that a picture of one of the women involved in Weinergate?
Josie said…
Tonight's the night Acorn!

Light Baby! No effing way would I be tangled up with that skinny assed ugly guy. Ewwwww Besides, I don't twitter.
Wolfshead said…
According to him it's only the body that's skinny. Was watching Bill Maher on HBO the other night and they did a recreation of one of his "chats" with a Vegas dealer. Guy is a real horn dog and seems to have an exxagerated sense of his "attibutes". He's also stupid as hell if he thought this shyt wasn't going to be revealed with the resultant hew and cry to follow. That being said I think it's a storm about nothing as he violated no laws.
Josie said…
Wolfie I agree. This is his wife's problem (and his) not the public's. Not illegal done, just sleazy.
SirFWALGMan said…
I did not know the C in Joe C stood for Chipmunk! LOL! Nice to see ya back! I do not understand if the blacks did not show up how come a man took your chips.. Is he a lesbian? I am so confused.

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset