The Lion


I was reading my horoscope on the way in to work this morning and it gave me pause. (Now don't go rolling your eyes because you have to read my horoscope; it's good!)

Leo - You're craving excitement this week.  Even your favorite pastimes are starting to bore you.  Don't despair, an exciting new hobby will soon capture your attention and take up lots of your free time.

Isn't that interesting?  I mean I am craving excitement and of course my favorite pastime (this blog) is in fact, starting to bore me!  It's hard to have an exciting poker blog without, um, poker.  Speaking of poker, I played a heads up match against Jew Boy this weekend.  Anyone wanna guess who won?  :)  I'll give you a hint, it was a HEADS UP MATCH and I WAS PLAYING.

If you guessed me, you're right.  The whole game didn't last much longer than 15 minutes when I flopped trip queens and slow played them.  Jew Boy jammed all in and I instacalled.  GG Jew Boy!

Have I mentioned that I LOVE Heads Up play?  On Sunday, I got a little more HU action, albeit vicariously,  when I found the NBC HU invitational thingy on TV.  It was awesome!  Eric Siedel was poetry in motion against Moneymaker.  Ironically enough, their HU match ended very much the same way my match wtih Jew Boy did.  Eric flopped trips (trip 5s to be exact) and after a little slow playing Moneymaker jammed all in with Eric instacalling.  Eric and I played it the same way, except he won a little more graciously than I did.

So this got my HU appetite whetted and naturally my thoughts returned to Poker Grump.  He beat me HU very very easily.  Grrrr.  Grumpy, it's time for a rematch!  I haven't played online, even a play money game since Heff's first home game on Poker Stars which must've been over a month ago.  Grumpy, I challenge YOU to a Heads Up match!  Winner wins um money!  I don't play well unless there's cash on the line.  I propose that the loser pays the winner in person when I get to Vegas.  Surely he can hold onto my winnings until then.  :)  I never got over that loss against Grumpy.  I remember being instantly on tilt and playing crappy thereafter, but I am sooooo untilted now!  I'll email Poker Grump and post the details here when we've ironed them out.

The Queen of HU has returned.  I just wish I could be playing against Negreanu, Siedel and Duke, but there's always next year.

Play smart.

Josie

Comments

KenP said…
The Minnesota Planetarium Society has corrected the zodiac.

Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.

Those people must know what they are talking about. Their residents can play 4 down cards.

For more details:
http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/13/horoscope-hang-up-earth-rotation-changes-zodiac-signs/
Josie said…
Yeah I heard about that "changing the zodiac" thing. I don't think you can go around changing it willy nilly but regardless, either way I'm still a Leo.
Jon said…
When are you going to vegas, VJ?
Josie said…
Mid July! Wanna lose some money to me? :)
BVUGrad2003 said…
I'm in Vegas July 5-12
And I don't wanna "lose" money to you - but I DO want to buy a Very Josie t-shirt - $10 is my offer :D
Rakewell said…
Your memory isn't very good. You won 3 out of 4. You even said so yourself:

http://veryjosie.blogspot.com/2011/03/heads-up.html
Memphis MOJO said…
I just wish I could be playing against Negreanu, Siedel and Duke,

They'll never see you coming!
SirFWALGMan said…
"Even your favorite pastimes are starting to bore you." What! I bore you now! ;).
Josie said…
Grumpy, that's not the point. The point is REMATCH!

Jon (bvugrad) I might GIVE you one. I still owe a tshirt to smboatdrinks and I have a couple left. OBV no need to reorder. Grrr
Josie said…
@Waffles, *yawn*
BVUGrad2003 said…
So what part of July are you in Vegas? Do I have a chance of a vegas meeting near a poker table?
sebszebra said…
Can you not play people you have a reasonable trust of on-line with pretend chips and then settle debts using PayPal?
Josie said…
Zebra,

I could, but

A.) I need to set up a new Pay Pal acct

B.) JamyHawk said the PayPal people were looking for a proof of purchasing something, when he tried to do such a transaction.

C.) I've never seen a comment from a Zebra before! You've made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Dogs Are Vermin

Like Kissing My Sister.....

Upset